Making Goodie Bags.
Meeting for Lunch.
Finishing Goodie Bags.
Chatting about Retreat.
Kim and I are hosting this years PAWs (Page-A-Week) Group Retreat and we have been planning up a storm this week. If you are coming look out this retreat is going to be FUN and PINK (that's our theme).
In other news Kim and I are road-tripping to a dairy farm this saturday with her kiddos to meet up with Jeanne and a few other friends. I can't wait and then Lita's getting baptized and Darah and Caroline are graduating! Yay for fun weekend plans!
- Steak Kabobs
- Pesto Pizza
- BBQ Chicken
- Campfire Foil Packets
- Porkchops and Applesauce (no I don't plan to put applesauce on the grill but they sound too cute together).
- Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Hawaiian Kabobs
- Grilled Baked Apples
Danica coming into the pits.
Dario (not winning but before the rain).
Jacques Lazier in the Pits!
Here comes the first wave of rain. Note we were under cover so we didn't get wet until we left.
And also below these is the little book I made Kim for her birthday, I finally gave it to her a few weeks ago so I figured it's safe to post it now.
We rode our bikes tonight. What fun that is! Makes me wish that we could ride the to the pool when it gets warmer but it's to far.
10 Things I Loved about Arizona:
- Cactus's - These are too cool much better in Arizona than the others I've seen elsewhere.
- The Resort - Beautiful place by far the nicest place I stayed despite being in the handicapped room.
- Free Condo's
- Seeing my co-workers - I miss them already!
- Hanging out with Dawn and Kailee - You guys are too cute!
- Mountain, Mountains, and More Mountains
- Old Town Scottsdale - How cute is this place
- Art Everywhere - it's on the fences, almost every street corner - very cool stuff.
- Pinnacle Peak Patio - Neat restaurant don't wear a tie there.
- Seeing and Experiencing new things.
Anyhow we got in early today YAY - Southwest Airlines You Rock! And then we headed to my boss and a few other co-workers first hotel, we picked them up and got some breakfast which was really lunch (for those of us from the eastern timezone). Then we headed to the Palms Resort (near Camelback Mountain) very nice place although with my travel cruse wouldn't you know I'm in the handicapped room which has this odd set-up. Anyhow after that we hit old town Scottsdale (SUPER CUTE). We got some lunch - Tracy and I are going back tomorrow for some shopping too. Then we went to the zoo. Boy was that hot. the one animal I wanted to see (thanks to Tory's recommendation was a javalina and wouldn't you know I missed it. Oh well I googled it. That's just as good. Now we are back at the resort and chilling before our team dinner.
Here's a few photos from our journeys (if you can't tell I was assigned Al as my KES partner for our team activity tomorrow thus why he's in a bunch of photos I need to do a presentation on him. Sorry no captions I gotta run to the drug store for Jill before dinner.
I also need to make some kind of decision on what kind of car we are going to trade the Grand Am for at this point I'm not sure I can make a decision as anything sounds better than Sam (that's my Grand Am). Jay's front runner is the car we have this week a Buick Rendezvous which drives like a mini van (which I never thought I would say but I like it. I think I'm still leaning toward the Highlander or the Vue but I like the price of the Rendezvous and there are other perks to it as well. Perhaps I'll flip a coin.
BTW sorry no Tuesday 10 I worked until 8 last night and then completely forgot to do it. Have a great Wednesday!
And here's a layout I did last night. Nothing fancy.
In addition to having some kind of weird hiccups and some kind of weird static when I touch things. In the last day I have touched or used the following electronic devices and I've crashed, locked up, just died or jammed all of them -
- My laptop - crashed (it's really dead this time)
- My Cell Phone - died (luckily I found a new battery unfortunately I now can only talk on it while holding it above my head as no place I go I have a reception except above my head)
- My iPod - Froze up I didn't even do anything but want to skip a song.
- The Baggage Tag Printer (3 of them in fact) - Jammed up
- One small commuter jet - Technical problems back to the airport luckily we were able to get another plane.
"10 Reasons why I love me some Kim Shrum"
- She's not usually on time. And so she doesn't notice when I'm late! :D
- We can stay up all night scrapping.
- We can stay up all night chatting. ;)
- Because she's super sweet!
- She's always brings me fun presents.
- She's a fabulous lunch date.
- She loves a fun road trip! (Who else will go 4 hours with me to see some Corncrete among other things).
- Because she shares her Cropadile with me for months.
- She knows how to have a good time.
- Because everyone should have a few friends like her! (Try not to be jealous).
The steeple at the old courthouse.
Here we have JJ and I with a celebrity colonial (FYI he's like on the cover of the Alexandria Times or something. I almost went back and got his autograph.
A Lion Door knocker. How fun is this??
This is the view from our dinner table. We ate on the cutest little porch just big enough for one table. Too bad the food was so-so. And yes my favorite photo. Here I am mailing Jeanne her check that's been riding around in my purse for far too long. Note how stinkin' cool that mailbox is.
Tomorrow even more fun will be had as I'm going off to see Pam!
And for those of you who aren't crafty. Here we have some other fun site. And just a few more here and yes here.
Tomorrow I'm working at the Mini Marathon giving out water several of my friends are running, and then I'm off to drop off my old washer for Joe and maybe take mom out for some Phan Shin - Nothing says happy Cinco De Mayo like chinese food ;). Sunday I have to back as I'm back on the road come Monday.
10 Highlights from this weekend:
- Tammy's new technique - Butt-Stamping what a hoot.
- Drinks and Chocolate Nachos at Cheeseburgers.
- 2 or was it 3 am run to Speedway for hot dogs and slurpies.
- The horrid stench in the hallway - man was that ever gross.
- The look on Stephanie's husbands face when I was telling my "underwear" story.
- Deb telling Glenna she was a lush. Poor Glenna gets a bad rap for nothing.
- The A-1 Sauce Experiment
- Jay's 19 phone calls during lunch you think he would remember what I say.
- Coming from behind in the Page Challenge game who would have thought Stacy would beat me.
- Hanging out with some of my BFFs - Jeanne, Kim, Glenna, Mimi, Janelle, Tammy, Dawn, Mandi, Stephanie, Jen, and anyone I might have forgotten.