Oh and to end on a fun note I thought I would share a little dilbert it's not my favorite one ever but as a consultant in IS I can't help but love a little dilbert.
Ignore the red cord it's for hanging christmas cards I'm either way early putting it up or way late taking it down but isn't it fun. With quick snip and stitch and two hours later we have...
I should have ironed them before putting them up but you get the picture. What a bargain and now my living room will be warmer in the winter too.
Yesterday was a mess of trouble to get home however it was certainly better than today will be. I did however type up a very nice note to the CEO of USAir to give him a piece of my mind as all my difficulty could have been avoided if they weren't so incomptent. I did however get to hang out at the Pitt airport for a long while and they have moving walkways which are almost as fun as escalators! :D
Anyhow that was yesterday and today is FRIDAY! I went to the eye doctor today and I picked out some new blue glasses. I can't wait until they come in. The house is also clean! This weekend is for hanging around Indy I'm not entirely sure what's in the plans aside from random errand things. I have a few week roadtrips coming up so I figure I should be more of a homebody this weekend...
Anyhow happy Friday!
Arrive at airport 4:45am
Fly back to pittsburgh for a little more circling.
pick up rental car only to be in an accident before leaving the parking lot (this was not my fault).
Office was a complete blur of meetings.
Shopping adventures - I can't work naked.
4 things I love about working from home:
- No dress code. - Quite literally I can wear whatever I want. I don't have to work that my monkey PJ bottoms don't match my volunteer t-shirt, or that my jeans are ripped and holey.
- I don't have to sit at my desk. - Yes that's right I can sit where ever I feel like. Today I'm outside on the side porch yesterday I was working on the livingroom couch. Shoot I don't even really have to have a desk although I like to keep my expense reports in a central location so they reside on my desk.
- Showers can occur at breaks or noon. - Seriously who doesn't like to roll out of bed and be at work? I relish these moments and if I didn't get up to workout I would likely get up at 7:59 (some days I do actually).
- No commute. - From the vantage point of someone who hops over 10 states to commute this is fabulous. Yesterday when I was done I closed my laptop and went right to clipping the hedges no packing up, cleaning the desk, no red lights, no school buses, no traffic. Awesome.
Other favorites that didn't make the list, doing laundry during conference calls, listening to my radio supa loud, limited interruptions, and grilling out for lunch. Now don't get thinking it's all good; there are the downsides like lack of human interaction, not having a clue what they are talking about in a meeting, and you are always at work when you are home, and the like but it mostly rocks.
Happy Thrusday People from Someone working on her porch!
Here you can see the quilting a little better it's like scribbles there's not pattern too it - super fun. Amy is fun like that so she will apprecitate it.
And a smaller one I made for my cousin Michael's baby but it was fun to use many kinds of fabric.
5 Airports that I like
- Indianapolis - surprisingly my home airport is the best the on time departure from Indy is like no other - probably mostly because I leave at 5 or 6am and we are not part of the eastern seaboard - chalk one up for the midwest.
- Phoneix - I love the little shops and the art there.
- Dayton - Even though I rarely fly to or from Dayton anymore something is to be said for smaller airports with lower travel rates.
- DCA - yay for airports three subway stops from my brother and a great place for a layover because if it does get delayed or cancelled I can see someone I love!
- Hartford - Despite not being able to fly direct to Indy from here this is a great alternative to Logan. It's small manageable and only two hours away should they cancel my regular flight or have fog in Boston.
5 that I dislike
- Philedelphia - I avoid this place like the plaque not a single visit or layover in philly has been a good experience for me, delays delays delays, nasty airport hotel stay overs ick ick ick.
- O'Hare, Chicago - I also despise this place although no where near as much as philly because at least if I can make it to chicago I can catch a quick train ride or rent a car to get home. But with their creepy tunnels, and horrible stories of rats in the bathrooms and restuarant kitchens - NO Thanks!
- Boston Logan - Despite the fact they let me cut the lines here weekly I gotta put this one on the list of not so fun airports. Most of the terminals seem to be vastly bare, and worn down. And let's be real the unpredictable weather and being on the eastern seaboard make the on time departures far and few between.
- Atlanta - I almost put this one in the top list because I tend to bump into other travelers I know so it's not all bad. But delays in Jackson Hartfield are dreadful and I did lose a cell phone to this airport, and seriously who wants to sit on a runway for 5 hours - BUILD MORE already.
- Dulles - This was a hard selection because there are very few airports I don't like as much as the top four. But with the traffic around dulles and distance from the rental car places to the airport being so far this one wins the fifth spot.
Yummy fabulous fabrics from sew mama sew. Dang I wish my sewing machine fit in my suitcase.
That's it for now - perhaps I'll have funness from the airpoort tomorrow after all there are so many interesting things there.
Jay's rib lunch it was sooooo messy and they didn't give him enough napkins.
Josh/Reverend Peyton was playing with his band I know Josh from WFYI, but he's now touring and doing the band thing big time. Check them out here. I love that his wife plays the washerboard too funny.
Another band shot.
Mom and Lita waiting for the music to start.
Joe and his roomate Josh.
And the jayster I actually was intending to be in this one but that didn't so much happen.