5.17.2013

Book 17 - The Friday Night Knitting Club

I just finished the Friday Night Knitting Club while waiting at the airport the other day.  Let me start out by saying - I really should stop taking people's book suggestions.  This book was anything but my type of book aside from the fact the characters were crafting.   I'm not really into fiction especially when it's written like a soap opera.  I thought many of the characters in the book where whiners especially the little girl.  I think every soap opera plot possible was wrapped into this one, cancer, cheating men, interracial relationships, runaways, unwed mothers, death - blah!  Not my thing but oh well I crossed another book off the list of 52.  I hear they are making this into a movie which I can only assume will be a hallmark or lifetime movie - yay for Saturday morning sap!  Anyhow if you like fiction that is like a soap opera by all means read this one, if not skip it and re-read Detroit a Biography.
 picasa

No comments: