5.14.2014

Bread #6 - Simple Honey Bread

I am still a little behind making bread so I chose a simple bread to make - I promise these will get more interesting eventually. This one was rather tasty but not so much sweetness from the honey as I thought it would have.  I also like that it made one loaf because we never go through more than two without freezing some.


Simple Honey Bread
Ingredients - 
1 cup warm water
1 package fast acting yeast
3 cups flour bread or fast rising (I used the later and originally this called for 2 3/4 cup but it was waaaaay to wet)
3 tblsp Honey + some to drizzle
1 tsp Salt
1 tblsp olive Oil (I used melted coconut oil instead)

Directions:
1. Mix yeast, water and 1/2 the honey in large bowl allow yeast about 2-3 minutes to activate.
2. Add in remaining honey, salt, oil and mix on low.
3. Gradually add in flour 1/2 cup at a time while mixing with the dough hook or spoon.
4. Knead together so it's all mixed and let rise in warm place about 20 minutes
5. Form into loaf and place in bread pan, drizzle honey on top.
6. bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool.
7. Slice and serve.

No comments: