7.09.2021

15 - Barn Door


My bathroom previously had two doors that bumped into each other and took up so much space in the bathroom.  I took one off immediately upon moving the other one was the door to the room, so i left it but it was nonstop annoyance.  I knew immediately i needed to replace it with a barn door.  So I bought a door and scheduled a contractor.  Well 4 months later the contractor hadn’t gotten around to this project.  So this past weekend m.  My best friend and I tackled it.  I thought it would take 90 minutes - ha!  
Upon opening the box I realized it wasn’t going to be fast.  The door had been scratched in transit and need to be painted and I needed a spade bit.   So off to Lowe’s we went.  
After two coats of gold spray paint I decided that it was the worst, so I switched to this random green we had in the garage.  And I rather like it now that it’s up, more than I would the gold. 
Well 5 hours, three coats of green paint, several missteps with hanging the rails, and only one anchor lost in the wall.  It’s up and I love it.  My bathroom seems so much bigger and better.  
It’s relatively an inexpensive project.  
Now to decide what art to hang on the wall next to. 



No comments: