4.13.2012

Favs on Friday - IMQG

I didn't have to think long before I came up with this week's favorite.  It's my quilt guild - Indy Modern Quilt Guild.  And before you go off thinking that this is some old lady quilt club - this is NOT that type of quilt guild.  I'm pretty sure we don't really resemble the other guilds in the area as some of their members have told us we don't.  Without getting to sentimental on a Friday - do want to say I just love the guild and the ladies in it.  They rev me up and get me excited to sew.  They don't mind that I don't like patterns.   The guild has encouraged me to branch away from "squares and rectangles".  I get more things finished now.  And best of all several of the women have become some of my very best friends (holla Tisha and Rachael).  2012 is going to be an awesome year for the guild and I look forward to seeing us grow and change and quilt like crazy. Today some of us are off to Cincy and we will get to meet up with some of their guild members.
If you live in the Indy Area and like quilting check us out. 
Oh and to see other favorites click here.
 picasa

2 comments:

thea said...

Have fun in Cincy! Nice favorite!

Shay said...

I love the idea of joining a guild but we only have one here and Im a bit intimidated.

Good on you for finding one that sounds like it's completely right for you!