5.31.2013

Honeymoon in Ireland

I realized the other day as I wrote the last wedding post that I have not blogged about our two weeks in Ireland honeymooning.  It was awesome.  We stayed primarily at the Shelbourne in Dublin but also at a B&B in Doolin.  It was completely different from my prior trip to Ireland back in 2009 with Jono, even though Dustin and I stayed at the same hotel and even went to some of the same places.   It was cool most of the trip and we needed jackets and sweaters a plenty, but that is Ireland.  High points of the trip: 
  • Driving on those teeny words from the wrong seat. 
  • Beauty of the cliffs of Moher
  • My husband eating fish and chips daily
  • Looking for a missing irish dolphin
  • Doolin which was quite lovely
  • Happening upon irish sea
  • Finding that windmill in the middle of no-where
  • Making friends with some characters in a local pub
  • Discovering that I really like irish brown bread
  • Trying to determine the weather of ireland rest assured it would rain regardless of what we thought.
  • The Burren.
  • Irish Stonehenge in the rain.
  • Wandering the streets of Dublin.
  • Shopping in Irish shops.
  • Visiting oh so many castles.
  • Kilmanhiam Goal.
  • Searching for rainbow colored doors.
  • and much much more. 
Here are some of the photos we snapped.  Dustin is in way more of the photos than me as I usually am the one snapping them but we did get a handful with the both of us.
































picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

Looks like a fabulous time -- love the fish and chips. There weren't many other people in any of your pics -- was it that empty?