5.04.2013

Let's Get Married - The Ceremony


Back to wedding posts (only a handful more of these I promise). With our wedding ceremony we wanted things to be pretty traditional kind of like the church - we wanted it nice simple, quick but not too quick, traditional vows, prayers and order and no unity ceremonies or communion. I wanted my brother to walk my down the aisle.  Lo did a nice reading from Genesis 2 for us, and it fell right in with what Pastor Aaron added himself.  As for the music - The bridal party walked into some In Sync song picked by Kathleen, and Dustin for Final Countdown, proceeded by me and JJ to instrumental Billy Jean (yes that's right - it was hard to decide so I went with my favorite song). The whole thing went very smoothly (Thanks Kim and Jill and JJ for keeping the baby happy) although just prior to Dustin entering the chapel he asked Schreve to smack him and naturally Schreve busted his lip - poor Schreve felt horrible but I think it makes a great story.  It was perfect and I also love that you can see my sparkly shoes during it!
(Photos provided by my boss, michele and logan - thanks guys!)









picasa

2 comments:

thea said...

Very nice. I enjoyed the wedding and the reception. thanks for letting me be a part of your special day.

Jodie said...

All caught up on your blog now. Loved all the posts about the wedding and honeymoon. Thanks for using Logan's pictures!