5.28.2013

Let's Get Married - Reception

 In addition to the sweet action decor with the puzzles and frisbees, we wanted our reception to be fun.  We wanted dancing and unique touches of us.  We served breakfast for dinner complete with bacon and biscuits and gravy - which is very much us.  So instead of a traditional wedding cake which is pricey we went with donuts from a local donut shop, just stacked like a cake.  So cutting of the cake was basically us tearing one in half then shoving it in each other's faces.  People however loved the donuts and it was much easier than cutting slices of cake.
 Just before he shoved it in my face.
 Our ring bearer enjoying a sprinkle wedding donut.
 We didn't have many of the traditional dances father daughter and mother son and we just had a first dance and a couples dance as well as a polka because I know my mom loves the polka.  Our first dance song was God Gave Me You by Dave Barnes.  After that we just let the dancing begin - I'm proud to say that Jono even got out there with Lo.
 Jono and Lo.
 JJ and Momo. 
 Me and Vanoskey getting our dance on, he's quite the good "bounce" dancer.
 Dustin and his grandma. 
 JJ and I dancing - gavin popping in the back I see.
 Logan and sammie two of my favorite kiddos doing a little slow dance.  I also notice my friend Jim who is NOT a fan of dancing back there dancing with his wife Haley - I love that!
 This happened much of the afternoon Dustin dancing with his nieces - they love to dance.   It was such a fun reception but it went too fast.  And I wish there had been more time to talk to everyone before people started leaving.  But everyone seemed to have a great time. 
All photos are by Jodie Minniear Photography - Jodie is simply the best. picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

It was fun! I loved the doughnuts -- though I missed out on them.