4.19.2013

Let's Get Married - Sweet Action Reception Table Decor

The reception room was really a gym/fellowship meeting hall complete with a stage.  Kim Shrum came to the rescue big time with her mad party planning skillz, she totally transformed the fellowship gym at the church into an adorable reception room.  I cannot tell you how amazing she is.  Seriously she's awesome!  And I cannot thank her enough. 
I wanted the centerpieces to be fun and be reasonably inexpensive because it's not usually something that you save.  So I found some ideas on pinterest, rounded up some mason jars, had my brother Jones drink several cases of pelligrino water, and the girls and I did little crafting and literally for like $25 we tossed together the centerpieces.  They are tissue paper flowers, borrowed battery candles, and handmade pennant flags that say various things, in jars, and bottles - Kim added the napkins to punch them up.  The bridal party table had a few left over bridal shower decorations + Paper straws + some bunting I made from recycled curtains and table cloths.  It all came together fantastically - thanks especially to Josh, Thea, Kim, JJ, Joe, Jono, Kathleen, Momo, Alicia, and whoever else I'm forgetting that did amazing job setting up. It was totally us and exactly what we wanted.
Paper Straws on the drink table - Thanks Kellie for sending us these - I love straws.
Handmade pennants - we made these from leftover invitatin cardstock, stamps, stapled onto bamboo skewers. 
Doesn't this look fun!  Thanks Aunt Thea and Kim for tying all those bows - it looks amazing.


For favors I didn't want something that people would just throw out or be giving out candy or chocolate and since Dustin and I played frisbee the first time we hung out I thought it would be fun to find frisbees.  I found a company online that makes custom frisbees and I put together a simple design. We also included Wedding Mad Libs, Crosswords, and Word Jumbles for the guests to entertain themselves - several people left us their mad libs and they are hilarious.









The bridal party table - my brother JJ did the setup on this and it looked so great.


All photos from Jodie Minniear.  Seriously I have AMAZING friends. 
 picasa

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yes my Daughter Katie Burford has the most amazing friends.

thea said...

I love the pictures. Jodie is amazing. In the picture of the room, it looks like there are candles on the walls. Looks great.