Not that Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham - was my latest book finish. This book was a super fast read as it reads like short stories. While I appreciated the humor found in some of these stories, and it was well written, I kind of wanted to tie them all together more. It's also a little vulgar in parts which whoever recommended it to me did not mention. Some of the stories are a easy to relate to others not so much, something about it also reminded me a little of Seinfeld like a female vulgar Seinfeld anyhow 4 more for 52!
1. Last week uncle Jono was in town and we had a family dinner at Schreve's
3. #Babyburf on the green screen at the library
5. Babies and parades. He loved it.
captured by - Katie
Labels: Tuesday 10
11 Months! Holy cow.
Dear Babyburf -
We think you're amazing. Here's this months list.
- Favorite game open and shut doors any doors dishwasher, bedroom, cupboard, dryer etc.
- You started eating more meats, corn, noodles and raspberries. Oh and Mac and cheese you love mac.
- you pretty much think I've and beans are amazing still and closely followed by bananas.
- We are starting to fix you less baby food and more grownup food. If you don't eat it we bust out the baby food.
- you absolutely love your baby clubhouse and love to do the mailbox.
- You weigh the same as at your nine month appointment 23lbs 8oz (we weigh you at the post office).
- you like to make sounds with everything.
- you can take about 3-5 unassisted steps and we know soon you will walk.
- you went down the slide by yourself on your 11 month birthday no fear.
- you can only say mama, dada, and hi
- you mimic several different songs
- you like to clench your fists with both excitement and anger
- you have a new sitter 1-2 days a week to help gma rest
- you still take a bottle and nap twice a day
- you have 3 teeth one that just peeked out, two others are coming any day.
- you are such a flirt in public.
- daddy likes to tickle you.
- Daddy has been enjoying a little more spare time which means playtime/bath time.
- when daddy leaves sometimes you freak out and cry at the door
- mommy has been letting you help with chores and cooking and often put you on the stool to help
- mommy takes you on walks and you love the wind in your face
- mommy plays you music both adult and kids songs.
- mommy loves how your little hairs curl on your neck
- mommy is mastering the Art of the transfer to bed (I still fail)
- Mommy loves playing games we make up like throwing the balls into a clothes basket or lining up cars.
Your getting so big and so clever. We love you so much
Last Year I captured 14 photos every 14th day of the month. This year I gave up that idea but I did capture one day although I am not sure I took 14 photos. Anyhow this was a completely normal day for us.
I got up around 6:15 and went to work which actually means grab my laptop and take it to the living to respond to emails. Jonesy woke up almost immediately and wanted some formula.
He passed out again on my lap and I shifted him to beside me on the sofa and went back to emails.
I got him dressed and then he played while waiting for grandma to shower. At some point I move to the back to do more work and conference calls etc. I am working on finalizing and elearning and an engagement model.
At noon I hope into the shower and get dressed.
I have lunch with my baby which is pretty typical. I think we have leftover tacos and blueberries.
Jones is not interested in hearing I am heading back to the office.
Back to work as you can see my desk is a hot mess. I also have been drawing wuilt designs while on calls because sometimes you need to occupy your mind.
At about 4:30 I help grandma load her car up.
Daddy actually came home at a semi normal time. Jones likes to greet him by snagging his work pens and snatching his glasses.
He also smashes his face on Dustin's beard like this. It's too funny.
Mommy quilted while daddy "watched tv" aka fell asleep on the couch. Around 11:30 I went to bed and tried unsuccessfully to wake Dustin for him to join me.
1- evenings at the park
4- iMQG meetings where show and tell is this good. So good
6 - baking with babies. He loved it
For our anniversary and spring break we flew to Colorado to see Jono and Lo. The weather was interesting- sometimes it was snowing in the morning and 70 in the afternoon and sometimes it was super blue skies and sometimes it was cloudy. but we'd never really spent anytime in Colorado so it was fun to see and do. It's so different than Indiana. Everywhere there seems to be lots of beautiful landscape. We visited garden of the gods we actually had intended to go see some cliff dwellings too but they were closed for some reason so we went here instead.
Sometime I want to return for a show here.
Breckinridge has free gondolas to take you various places so of course we rode them.
We went to some shopper shops in one jones snatched up this alligator and started hugging it and daddy was a softie and bought it for him.