3.05.2024

Things that made my year

I have seen people documenting by making lists of things that made their year and last year I started jotting my list down.  I had planned to make 100 but I ended with 72. 

things that made my year 2023 by KJB

  1. Olaf and Smolaf our snowmen.
  2. Chocolate taste testing.
  3. Rodeo night at kids night out.
  4. Shooting buckets on the floor of Millet.
  5. All the kids who gave me hugs when I volunteered at school.
  6. A Harry Potter Birthday crafting party.
  7. Spring break stay-cation and discovering “gummy teeth”.
  8. Jones delight in making the travel hockey team.  
  9. Learning to use Rise360 holy cow was it simple after using other authoring tools.
  10. Gus Gus sightings.
  11. Visiting Thomas Dambo trolls.
  12. When a friend drops off anti-nausea meds for my daughter who was getting sick all night.   
  13. Auntie Kathleen got married and I gave a toast I might have cried. 
  14. Jones goes to sleepover camp for first time me being nervous him not.  
  15. Thea’s desire to help me paint a “Muriel” it is so hard to let go of control but also so rewarding. 
  16. Seeing jones make new friends at hockey school and seeming so much more mature.
  17. Reading a book while my kids at at the pool independently. 
  18. When my little sister is having a baby.
  19. The number of compliments I got on Thea and Is matching dresses for Kelly’s wedding.
  20. When Jones said “this art installation isn’t so bad it’s cool” at Paso Robles field of lights
  21. Playing pool at the Aloft.
  22. Having Jones tell me he was “sad camp was over”
  23. The wind and the sun at Half moon bay. 
  24. Thea deciding to try out for a play and contemplating if she should sing “my lipstick is popping” or “Jolene”
  25. End of summer neighborhood sleepover.
  26. Barbie movie. Hi Barbie!
  27. Impromptu pool party at Natasha’s.
  28. Practice walks.
  29. New pink moccasins.
  30. School supplies.
  31. Cheerful greetings during RAH cart.
  32. Thea trying something new being a Jungle Bush in Jungle Book.
  33. Orange whippy dip
  34. Jones first bengals game.
  35. Jones top golf hockey swing.
  36. Halloween skate with football player and zombie figure skater.
  37. Carpool!!
  38. Practice Chicken dinner with all the mom friends.
  39. Friend pumpkin patch
  40. Viking ship ride at dusk.
  41. Icy cold halloween.
  42. Audiobooks 
  43. Good markers.
  44. Perry Park hockey with friends and family. 
  45. Jonesy writing a speech to give his hockey team to motivate them.  
  46. My kids carving their own pumpkins.
  47. Thea’s moment being picked as cheer captain.
  48. Jones comforting his teammates as they lost the playoff game. 
  49. Airplane shoot off at Louisville Science Center.
  50. The giant world at the pool. 
  51. When the kids think the Cirque du Solieil will be boring and then see it and think it’s awesome! 
  52. Thanksgiving break sleepless water park trips.
  53. Cheese sample day at Costco. 
  54. Thanksgiving at a friends.
  55. Watching the hawk that visited the tree outside my work window.
  56. Doughnuts at dawn.
  57. Thea joining in at the winterfest lights parade at Kings Island.
  58. Making crafts with my niece and nephew.  
  59. Mini van pizza and Christmas light displays.
  60. Christmas nachos with smoked meat by Joe.
  61. Jonesy joining us to play games while the kids play downstairs.
  62. When my friend text and ask me to take her to church on Christmas Eve. 
  63. When your friend saved you from throwing a baby shower in burger king
  64. Baby shower for lita and wolfie.
  65. 45 beaver signal.
  66. 4 of 5 siblings being in Oxford.  
  67. Multiple conversations in the beechpoint haus living room.  
  68. Getting complemented on my cup holders.
  69. Finishing not one but 3 quilts in 2023.
  70. Jonesy sliding me notes while I am on conference calls.
  71. Pools sooooo cold you can’t dip your toes in and the company on the pool deck.
  72. “Fancy” dresses with Thea on new years Eve

No comments: