I think I'm going to have the Best Year Ever this year. Lots of fun things planned or happening and it's only January. 2007 will RAWK. I'll make the list of things later.
I'm reading "The World is Flat" by Thomas Friedman (it's actually pretty good, very relevant to what I do). Anyhow this is an exert from the book that I jotted down because I liked it and I thought I would share.
Every Morning in
It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning a lion wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.
It doesn’t matter if you are the lion or the gazelle.
When the sun comes up, you better start running.
10 DC Tourist Attractions Katie's Never Been To:
- The Spy Museum - A new DC location so this probably explains this one.
- The Newseum - So this one is Closed right now but still I've not been there.
- National Building Museum
- The Cold War Museum - Yes there is such a thing.
- National Postal Museum
- Gunston Hall Plantation - okay so this is in Fairfax but close enough.
- Frederick Douglass National Historic Site
- Squished Penny Museum - how wrong is it that I collect these and I've never been.
- The Navy Memorial
- Old Stone House - Built in 1765, this is DC's only remaining colonial building
Ant's Eye View of the Capitol.
Washington Monument as seen from the IRS Building.
JJ and Katie goofing off at the Portrait Museum.
Katie and USA Modern Art too cool!
- New Silverware - gosh it's nice to have forks spoons and knives when you want them.
- New Hobbies - I'm knitting up a storm.
- New Idea Books from the Library - The library rocks!
- New Socks
- New Coat - well not really new as I just took back the one I bought last year and traded it for a black one.
- New iPod purchased with one old almost expired gift card. I can't wait to have JJ show me how to put music on it.
- New haircut
- 5 or 6 More New OC's - I'm still deeply saddened this will be all of them.
- New Practice at work - I'm still in the same division just a new Practice that my division falls in.
- New Vacuum - This still hasn't worn off I caught Jay vacuuming the lent from behind the dryer the other day.
10 Subject Lines from the Spam in my Email:
- was of potent
- be newsletter
- As by colubmbia
- To a protege
- Take it Easy
- Cheerful 2007 for you
- re: Bobbi
- No Memorable
And in other news my mom sent me this fun mail... I guess she couldn't help but to rub in that her Steelers beat our Bengals. Oh well there's always next year, I guess we should start cheering on the Colts like the rest of Indiana.
KT - Jay's not secretly scrapping but he had all the tickets from all the different events he's gone to in a box - concerts, races, basketball, baseball, football etc I guess it's a "manly" form of scrapping.
Janelle - I hear we are supposed to get a little snow tonight so perhaps you'll get some more as well. :o)
So far I have vacuumed the couch, the chair, all the ceiling fans, the baseboards, the vent in the bathroom, the old fashioned air conditioner and much more. Who would have thought I would like to vacuum this much? I think it's all these fancy attachments, our old one just had one attachment and it didn't really work well.
The Water tower from the "town" where Dad lives
I use the word town lightly as it's not very big.
Dad and I - clearly I should be wearing my sunglasses so I don't look so squinty.
Here's Jay and I with Dad and my stepmom Ginny.
Dad and Ginny's dog Romeo.
I think he could tell I wasn't a dog person as he either wanted to lick me or he was barking at me.
And last but not least here's Jay at the I-80 Truckstop.
It's the worlds largest truckstop you know?