6.14.2018

Rain Fish Art Project


The other day when I got Jones from school he handed me a bag he had filled with bits of recycled things he collected at school as a “treat” for me.  I looked at the collection of things puzzled and trying to figure out what they might be?? Treasure for a 3 almost 4 year old?? “for rain fish” he explained.
“Ah ha.  Yes rain fish.”  I knew then what he meant.  Rain Fish was a book we had been reading from the library.  In the book the author sees fish made of recycled materials.  And this Jones was telling me he took wanted rain fish.  So that evening we made Rain Fish.  
We glued loves of bits of recycled items together to create “fish like” shapes although Thea’s is a little abstract.  They turned out so fun and whimsical and the kids were excited to make them.  
Jones was so clever to come up with this idea on his own recalling the book and the results are so fun and special.  
grandmas -

Jones’s which he added that big arm on but I think looks like a fat lower lip.

Thea’s she was really into glue.  I do so love the pompon ear brow or at least that’s what I am envisioning it is.  

Marking off “Art Project” from our bucket list with this one, and we have hung these in the bedroom hall.

No comments: