7.11.2018

Family Vacation


This year we vacationed to Anna Maria Island Florida.  We rented a big house.  We flew in early to Orlando because airfare was about $200/ticket.  Anyhow here’s a list of things i want to remember:
I want to remember toting babies + luggage thru the airport.
I want to remember having a whole row of seats together.
I want to remember toddlers running thru the airport in excitement.
I want to remember traffic in Orlando (remember to avoid it).
I want to remember the amazing LEGO store in Disney springs a great place to escape a rainy afternoon.
I want to remember the kids driving the LEGO remote control car, and dumping a whole box of legos on the floor.
I want to remember build your own lego car races.
I want to remember the TRex restaurant where the animitronics dinosaur terrified Jones, but he faced his fears and still did the dig.
I want to remember pure joy over souvenir shoppes.
I want to remember that moment I noticed my daughter face in a puddle lapping up water like a dog.  





I want to remember that amazing playground in Central Florida with like 8 types of playgrounds.
I want to remember how Thea stuck her face into the fountain and Jones drenched her turning it on.  
I want to remember the rolling slides, teeter totters and musical instruments.
I want to remember delight in arriving at our beach house.
I want to remember all the swimming adventures.



I want to remember meeting Ollie for the first time.
I want to remember his sweet disposition and smile.
I want to remember my babies holding him.
I want to remember building forts during the rain from all the couch cushions.
I want to remember nighttime talks at the pool.
I want to remember nighttime walks on the beach.
I want to remember sand on my toes and the cool ocean washing over me.
I want to remember ice cream from the gelato place and the disaster of two scoops.
I want to remember meeting new friends from Ohio who entertained us at the parade.
I want to remember ridiculous game nights.
I want to remember when the stove broke and Schreve had to grill EVERYTHING.





I want to remember riding the trolley and Jones’s excitement in it. 
I want to remember how Thea fell asleep on the trolley.
I want to remember that the beach is the beach first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening.
I want to remember the bug spray next time.
I want to remember fireworks on the beach and the generosity of strangers who gave my kids glow sticks.
I want to remember Jones’s delight in his man fishing trip and how he told everyone about it both before and after.  
I want to remember the sheer panic of the House after we discovered uncle dylan had strep.
I want to remember 6000 loads of towels and swim laundry.
I want to remember canonball contests.
I want to remember dinners at the sandbar.
I want to remember brooks beach face and Chewbacca growl.
I want to remember uncle schreve reading The Blue Truck like a rap battle.
I want to remember the impromptu dance party with Thea dancing on the table.
I want to remember trips to the shoppes where the kids were so selective on what to buy.
I want to remember finding a crab in our pool and how auntie lo took him back to the beach in a bucket.
I want to remember the matching suits from grandma Jules.
I want to remember 4th of July babies.
I want to remember all of this and more.  
I cannot wait for the next family vacation.








































No comments: