4.23.2019

Less Plastic

In addition to using the reusable towels, dryer balls and reusable ziplocks, I have made a few other simple changes to use less plastic.  I use bamboo toothbrushes.  I have used two brands Giving Tree and Sprmal.  Both are relatively same price as plastic brushes and I think work great. I have not switched my kids out yet mostly because they got like 4 free brushes last year and we are finishing up using those.  

I also switched to bar shampoo Ethique is the brand it’s rather pricey but in comparison to good shampoo anyhow so only slightly more.  I have been very impressed with it too it seems to be good for my hair.  

I also have tried Primal Life deodorant which is biodegradable packaging.  It’s also organic (no aluminum).  I like this deodorant but I am also trying another recommended brand.  But this one is good too.  
Anyhow these are all simple steps and they will reduce the plastic that I leave behind.  When I think about all the shampoo bottles, toothbrushes and deordant sticks I have used in my life and the fact that “maybe” 15-20% have been recycled I feel good making these baby steps.

No comments: