8.22.2019

First day of kindergarten (22)

This guy started Kindergarten the other day.  And he LOVES it.  He also loves riding the bus. He’s already made several new friends.  

Below is the letter I wrote him on his first day.

Today’s your first day of Kindergarten.  You have been looking forward to it like someone might look forward to a trip to an amusement park.  You think of Kindergarten as a magical place.  And you know what?  It is.  It’s a magical place of learning.

You will learn so many things there.  I hope you can read at the end of the year but if not it’s not the end of the world (you know I didn’t really read until the 4th grade).   I also hope you develop a love of math.  I always loved math as a kid because it was so logical, and it came so easy to me.  You already are a big lover of all things science and investigative and I hope you explore that further in school.  

At the meet the teacher event you told Mrs B. you were the “Idea Man” in preschool.  Which is soooo true.  You are a leader and full of ideas and hope this year is full of experiences where this skill can blossom.  Just remember to include all the kids in your ideas expand those ideas so their ideas can blend with yours to make great big ideas.

My real mom advice is simple:  Give and show love.  Try and try again.  Mostly be yourself.  You got this.

Love Mommy










No comments: