10.27.2021

100 City Sampler (actually 72)


In 2018 I did the Tula Pink City Sampler quilt along.  Surprise I only did 76 blocks I think but I only ended up using 72 in my quilt.  I used all scrap fabric for these blocks.  When I laid the blocks all out I hated them together.  I disliked them with sashing and together as a block they were so busy.  I finally landed on side sashing in low volume just using fat quarter in my stash.  I also had to quilt it with two different threads although you can’t tell in the finished project.  

I abandoned this project many times but this year I made it a priority and completed it. It has so many flaws and so many things I just don’t like.  I washed it and it’s imperfections are growing on me, but it’s not really my style.  I do love the binding this old old Jay McCarroll habitat fabric for the win.  
Thanks to the tree swing for providing me a line to hang quilts on although I did drop several pins in the yard and did not recover them.  Thanks to everyone who’s given me their scraps over the years I used many in this.  
The back is uninspired but again I was using fabric I had on hand rather than more and I didn’t want to use yardage for a quilt I was meh on.  





It also fits in well in my family room.  




No comments: