2.08.2008

Because I know you all want to read this...

I'm back home in Indiana for the weekend. I had a few issues getting home last night. I got in later than normal 12:30 - when it's actually normal but later than scheduled. And then I couldn't remember where I parked in the lot and my remote is not that good from far away. But finally I found my car only after some idiot almost ran me over in the parking lot (please not the speed limit is supposed to be 5 not 85). And then I get to the pay station and there's no cashiers just the credit card machine which is fine. But the thing eats my ticket won't eat my credit card. I pressed the help button for around 5 minutes and then decided I needed to resolve it by going inside the airport. So I drive to the side of the lot that will involve less walking because I'm so not going to stand in the cold and wait for a shuttle. I go inside the airport and try to find someone who can assist and quite literally there's like nobody in the place most of the passengers and employees have long since left. Finally I find a security guard who can radio other people in the airport. He calls some kind of somebody who's with Airport Management or god knows what. And he has me meet him in the near some baggage claim (seems his office is in the least noticeable spot in the world). He then proceeds to figure out what happened to the attendant who's supposed to be at the lot. Finally they determine that the night shift attendant never showed up and the day shift person just left without waiting. So he thinks we should talk to shuttle bus driver of the shuttle. She is pretty much cruising around the terminal bored waiting for that one last flight and it's now like 2 something. And she tells me that she can open the gate and let me out and not to worry about paying (which I like better than paying $45 for the taxi and coming back the next day to pay the maximum fee for a lost ticket). AMEN for her. She also gave me a ride back to my car since it was so cold. I finally as a result I pulled into my garage around 3:30 in the morning. The whole situation is like something out of a sitcom all I can say is at least I wasn't toting around an air conditioner the entire time or my luggage.

Regardless I made it here and my life is so not worth really whining and complaining about so I thought you might enjoy the latest trival story of Katie and her travel woes. Until next time...

No comments: