9.14.2010

Tuesday Tutorial - Crate to Coffee Table

#1 Get an old crate - mine is from this company "barnstead still and sterilizer" which from best I can tell used to sell medical supplies and parts.
#2 remove old casters that just don't roll anymore.  
#3 Mark where holes for new casters go
#4 Drill Holes
#5Screw in bolt
#6 starting to look like a coffee table but not quite right
#7 Cover Screws - I am using beads because I had them handy but I could have got nuts and bolts etc.
 #8 Tape off the top - and say bye bye to the yuckiness written on the top although I thought about keeping it.
#9 Spray paint with several coats. 
#10 Ta Da!  we have a coffee table. (It doesn't look this dirty in real life it's just these photos)

3 comments:

thea said...

love the coffee table --

Jodie said...

Yea for creating coffee tables out of crates. That's thinking outside the box. (ba bum bump..{{cymbal clash noise}}) (i'm here all week)

Anonymous said...

this seems very katie. - nick