11.13.2019

Improv Quilt for My Niece


I finished this quilt for My niece over a month ago she’s only almost 3 months old now.   But only just now mailed it out to her.  It’s not exactly matching her nursery because I wanted to use more bright colors.  Originally I was making rosette blocks you can see one in low volume lower left and one in pinks upper right.  I abandoned that and was going to make half rectangle triangles after I made several I didn’t like that either.  So then I merged the rosettes and triangles and made it improv style mixing in scraps from other quilts and my stash.  
I like the finished product.  I added a tag from a scrap as well one side says her name and one aide mine. The back is just larger scraps sewn together.  

Not there was one picker that ran thru the quilt but I just left it once I noticed the quilt was entirely quilted.  

I think this is my third finish for the year.  Now I have zero gift projects on my list so it’s only selfish quilting left.  

And here’s a picture of the cutie from Halloween.  I can’t wait to meet her.



No comments: