2.21.2009

Lost in Translation

interesting experiences being had tonight in NYC. I spent the evening with 25 chinese friends of my friend who for the most part don't speak english. I not only got to sample - chinese beer, eel, penguin, $300/lb elbow, and frogs, learn some new chinese terms and phrases, but I got to see live chinese karoke. And everyone has been most generous they will not let me pay for anything, lunch, dinner, cab rides, drinks, and one of them was even wanted to share his bottle of $1400 congac with me. More tomorrow...

4 comments:

thea said...

I can't wait to hear more!!!

Jodie said...

Wow. What a great experience to share for years to come!

Rachel said...

sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear more.

Unknown said...

You ate PENGUIN?! I just keep thinking of Happy Feet.

And what is Elbow???

I love hearing about your adventures!