5.17.2009

We have the making of a shelf-wall!

We got to make some headway on the garage project this weekend we have a deadline to finish it by early June and next weekend we have big plans so we won't make much progress. It seems much more real now that we have been sinking screws. Lessons learned for the day - "Don't buy Zinc Plated Screws - even if the screws look the same they might not be." But we learned that lesson. Anyhow some pics.
While I was running out to get some new drill bits the boys took the opportunity to pose for some pics. I think this was the pose of the day.
Here Jonathan is focusing on measuring.
Measure once cut twice.
Look we have a shelf-wall!
Another shot of the shelf. We still need to sand the putty and touch up the stain before we put on the back - but we feel it coming to shape.
Oh and here's our new kitchen chairs. I went antiquing yesterday and scored some new kitchen chairs. We needed them like nobody's business. I wanted ones that didn't match but looked similar (for the record jono thinks this is silly), but I like it as people who sit in the chairs are different. I also scored something else lovely which I will share tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wall looks terrific! Great job by the Jones Co.!

Love the chairs.

Marilyn
>^..^<

tm1 said...

Beautiful!!
Terri from Paws