10.07.2010

Canal Days & a Note for Jono

dear jono - photos of dc are forth coming simmer yourself down. in the meantime enjoy these photos of canal days.  thxluvkatie
we went to canal days last weekend as part of our "goodbye to summer" activities.  metamora was quite an interesting place for the weekend it was bigger than I remembered but just the same amount of hillybilliness.  I will also have you know I passed up on some vintage pyrex that was a bargain but I wasn't in love with - I'm so very proud of that.  So anyhow now for some photos...
This is from the grist mill - the corn meal is being hoisted on a lift.
I also passed up on this groovy camera although I thought about getting it for Jodie.
Jono was interested in this action figures.
And this was a super cool idea I thought - I'm not sure if you can tell but these are bubble gum machines with collections of things in them.  Spools, Dice, Matches, Buttons.  I need one for my studio.  Also note that vintage pyrex there I pass up on.
Isn't this a groovy instrument?  I think Lita's pep band needs this.
This is part of the town of metamora it's too cute.
Check this out they had live grizzly bears and black bears and cougars - no joke.  I could not resist.
Look here's the cougar - the grizzlies wouldn't smile for the camera.
Look I found Michael Jackson in doll form.  Pammy I was thinking of you when I saw these. 
I loved that they had these rockers right by the canal that you can just chill in.
Look old fashioned root beer - that's just fantastic.
There's lil schreve and the grist mill.
and the flour dresser.
more soon.

No comments: