11.03.2010

Quilting Bee & Soup

I think I might have mentioned that my quilting guild is doing a quilting bee. Where each month is someone's month? Ringing any bells?  Well anyhow last month Corinne asked for Flying Geese - and here's the block I made for her - I clearly need a little practice on Triangles I don't think I've made any since high school.  But I wanted to do something less traditional since we are the "Modern" quilt guild. 
October was my month.  I wanted mine in the Stacked book squares - which I think is going to be super cool when I get everyone back.   I was super late sending them out the fabrics, but I already have a few back - this is Rachael's.
And I had my Aunt Thea play too - and this is hers. 
And yesterday Jono made us Italian Wedding Soup - using this recipe minus the spinach.  I added garlic salt to mine to make it more "Italian" but it was pretty good even without that.  It looks funky in the bowl but it didn't taste funky - the meatballs were a nice touch.

1 comment:

thea said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt and I may even try the soup, it looks very yummy!