11.16.2010

Ruth White Kelly 1928-2010

She made dresses my mom and aunts used to wear
She could fly a plane before she could drive a car
She thought the UP was one of the best places on earth (and I agree)
She recylced aluminum foil long before being green was cool
She might have been the worlds best knitter
She used to listen to records in her dad's office
She made her kids doll clothes and stuffed animals
She could name more silver patterns than I knew existed
She loved to swim
She listened to NPR
She used to feed 6 mouths on a tight budget
She taught us to make thimbleberry jam
She drank her coffee black
She loved chocolate but might have liked shrimp more it's a toss up
We'll miss you grandma!  xoxo
Below photos from the Jones and Co Photo Project.
Ruth's the baby her sister is on the left.
Grandma's senior photo - grandpa carries this in his wallet
with baby stuart
on the beach in the UP
at my parents wedding she made mom's dress
In Oxford with some dog 1939
I think this is a fun pic this even though it's blurry 1968
Eagle Harbor with Melvin and Muriel Kelly

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Katie,
I am so very sorry to hear that your grandmother passed away. What a lovely tribute to her. I also love knowing that you spent the fall with her and I know she loved every moment of it. You are a wonderful person and your life is so richly blessed having the family that you do.
God's peace be with you during this time of sadness and celebration of a life that will be missed.