3.18.2011

CN Tower, Glass Floors, Trains and the ROM

We went downtown Toronto.  I went up in the CN tower - did you know it was taller than the Sears Tower?  I guess I was born yesterday because I didn't.  It also gets struck by lightening all the time it's like a giant lightening rod.  It wasn't struck while we were there.  It also as a glass floor so you can see all the way to the ground. Up up we went.  The elevator was not so scary however the glass floor I didn't want to dance a jig on that's for sure - however some people you couldn't get them off the floor heck we took pictures around them.  Heather was just telling us about how she and John went to the glass overlook at the grand canyon - I image that's even more insane than this.  She almost lost her cookies in the elevator at the CN tower - so I can only imagine if we shoved her out on the glass floor - being a good friend we did not. 
Me and the mini CN Tower - I think it's being struck by lightening as I stand there.  Gosh you can tell I desperately need to cut my bangs.
A view of the lake and the city. 
  Toronto is super big.   I guess I live in a bubble because I thought it was smaller than Indy - clearly it's not.
This is the area we headed to next.  Of course I can't tell you what anything is from this photo.
This is a train that was in the turnaround station we stopped in.
And another they made me think of Jodie and clan.  I miss those peps - Heather's family reminds me of them too as they have three boys and so does Jodie and Dennis.
Oh look we spotted another CMPMoose.  I didn't buy this one either. But I did appreciate it's bigness.
Another view of the CN Tower
Then we went to the ROM museum.  I appreciated the architecture of both sides of the museum although seriously what is up with people trying to smash old into new it's like a clash of the titans.

more soon...

3 comments:

thea said...

Another good time. Thanks for the pics. Did I miss one of the glass floor?

Katie said...

Whoops I must have accidentally deleted those pics. I'll post when I finish blogging about my trip.

Jodie said...

I am happy that trains and families with boys make you think of us. And BTW, the CN Railroad actually offered Dennis a job several years ago. :)