2.01.2013

Signs of regular life

When I'm on the road I find myself craving signs of regular life.   Or perhaps really I am craving  "home" because travel is part of my regular life.  I find myself walking around new york wanting a home cooked meal, missing the smells of a certain red head, wanting to be able to just pull a sweater from the closet if I'm cold, wishing I could just coax kathleen into something ridiculous, or just cuddle up on the sofa and open mail.  So today rather than continue whining about my ridiculously blessed life.  I thought I would make a special point to capture some of this "regular life" and document it.

Feeling the cool breeze coming in thru the front window which needs to be replaced.
Seeing men's shoes everywhere (when you live with four men the shoes seem to multiple who knew).

Noticing both Jono and Dustin are both now hang drying their jeans.
Realizing that the boxes piling up in Jono's  room mean that the move is approaching.
Smelling that first bagel that I burnt to a crisp.


Hearing the furnace kick on. 
Opening stacks of mail.  
Making lists of things to put away, hangup, or clean.

Cleaning up crumbs from the counter.
Deciding whether or not to scrape the windows on the car or let it run for a few minutes.

Enjoying a paper straw. 
Wishing for a new living room rug.
Remembering that you can't run the washer and the microwave at the same time.
Cuddling up under the afghan my momo made me. 
Using the last of the toothpaste.
These are all good things.  
Life is good.

No comments: