8.07.2006

Day #4 - Jimmie Cheater Johnson Wins

Well I have to recharge the battery again before I can upload any photos from the Busch Race or the Cup race but I thought I'd post a quick recap of Day #4 and evening of #3. But look out as tomorrow I will have photo feature in "the tuesday 10".

Day #3 -
Went to the Busch Race.
ORP is a great racetrack. You can see almost the whole track from any seat I imagine and your very close to the action.
We had a great time and saw a few crashes right up close from our seats in turn #4.
One perk was that the row behind our seats was empty so we moved up to be less like sardines in the seats.
One memorable moment was during the pre-race prayer the preacher said and I quote "thank you lord for the crunching metal" - now that's a race fan.

Day #4 -
Tired from the Busch Race we slept in until about 10 showered and headed for the track.
Got some decent parking for $10.
Walked around outside the track before going in.
I met some guy from the Sopranos while waiting on Jay who went to the bathroom - bummer he had the camera as I'm sure a photo opp of that would have been a great treat for my boss.
We went into the track and after a quick servilance of our seats we opted not to sit in them. They were good but not as good as our 500 seats had been so we headed over to the spectator mounds.
Seems lots of folks had the same idea as they were very crowded but we found ourselves a nice spot in the sun and set up camp.
Race started late - I called my mom so she could hear just how loud the cars really are - I think she enjoyed that - while we were on the phone we saw a wreck right in front of us - this gave her an idea of where we were.
Enjoyed our time at the track I took too many photos as I had to delete some older pics from my memory card.
One of our least favorite drivers Jimmie "Cheater" Johnson won - we call him cheater as his crew cheif seems to get in trouble a lot for breaking rules.
Jay's a little sad Martin didn't win as this might be his last season.
Although according to some of the fans we met at the track they have the "insider scoop" that he'll be back.
I came home with some whacky sun burn on the back of my arms and my knees, but I think it could have been far worse.
Made a mental note as well that 8 bottles of water aren't near enough when it's that hot outside.

No comments: