1.18.2009

My Dim Sum Adventures were cancelled...

there's easily have 6 inches of snow outside here in Boston (and there's more coming down). And I went out in it and it taking 10 minutes to get from the hotel parking lot to the interstate (normally it takes 30 seconds) so we decided to cancel the "Great Dim Sum Sunday Adventure" - stay tuned we are working on a date to reschedule to.
Despite the great dissappointment I decided not to let that get me down so I went swimming in the hotel pool, and now I'm hanging out in the hotel lobby drinking free hot tea, in my $4.50 Boston College Hoodie, and waiting for my laundry to dry. Yup I got a nice thick warm hoodie at the local altheltic supply store for $4.50 - I would have rather had BU, MIT or Harvard but those were not available at this steal of a deal so I went with BC - and being that I had to leave all hoodies in Indiana because of lack of space in my carry on I needed some more warm garb. After I'm done with the laundry I'm going to make my team treats for tomorrow's big release I had planned to order cupcakes from the local bakery with clocks on them but when I called this morning they pretty much told me I needed to call last week. So they will have to live with what I can whip up in my tiny kitchen with no oven.
Anyhow here's a few pics I have taken in the last few days because we all need more pictures.
Look there's my car covered in snow earily this week. It's a Mazada 3 can you tell. For the record I hate it and I can not wait to return it to Enterprise next week.
Oh and this was a sight on the way into the office the other morning. the sun was just coming up behind the city and sky looks pink. the bridge looks cool.
Yesterday I got to spend the day with some very lovely and crafty ladies and of course we couldn't resist a few self portraits (perhaps later I'll share what I worked on). This one cracks me up. Aimee, Grumpy and I. If you look closely you can see the underneath of my tongue completely flattering I tell you. I love this one. We actually were looking at another camera but that's Aimee, me and Judy.

And this is a view out the window today. not the best shot of the snow but I like how the panes of the window frame up the view.

stay warm.

No comments: