1.15.2009

We have lift off!

Yes that's right! I helped to build this...

(I'm pretty sure I can share this baby snipet of it). This has been about 18 months coming. Even though we have 2 other releases until I put this project to rest it's nice to accomplish something. So tonight after three 20 hour days we deployed the first phase of my project we call it "FRED". It's been a long road - have I mentioned we went through 5 test analysts, lost a SME to a vendor, changed technical solutions, we had performance problems that brought the app to it's knees, my tech lead had to return to india a week before deployment and much much more.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And like I tell my "super kool team" - it can only get better from here.

Oh in case you wonder what this does - because it's client specific I can't tell you too much but "FRED" tracks time toward requests. In Feb "BARNEY" will be deployed and we will intergrate with another application that will allow for justifying, prioritizing, approving, managing demand for IS resources.

4 comments:

thea said...

can't wait to see Wilma and Betty... :-)

Katie said...

Don't laugh but we killed Wilma and Betty is our reporting phase so we have them!

The Mom said...

Congratulations!! Will Barney have a purple background? LOL!!

Rachel said...

I am so lame!!!!! There I was thinking Barney the dinosaur not Flintstones!!!! hahahahaha

Sorry about that...