7.12.2010

Wild West Recap #3

Back from St. Louis now it's time for some more wild west recap.

In the black hills they had all these groovy little stores. I wanted to go in this one but it was closed when we were driving by. Who wouldn't want a giant lawn bear sculpture.
Our least favorite sight was Crazy Horse - they had a decent museum but it was $30 for us to see a not even close to finished sculpture that was started over 60 years ago - I'm going to go with they will never finish that puppy.  Sure you might be able to fit Mt. Rushmore in it's armpit but Mt. Rushmore was finished in like 13 years - and I thought it was pretty awesome.
Lita did get to step into a teepee.
Then we headed to Custer Park - they have a wilderness loop which was completely delightful.  I had thought about riding a buffalo, but then I saw this ;(
We spied all kinds of wildlife.
And we broke out our remote for some photos people driving by I think thought we were wildlife they way they were gawking at us.
Then we spied some Begging Burros just like in the brochure they stick their heads in your car it's so fun.  Jono should probably have been a farmer he was so excited to bet them.  Me I thought they might bite off my fingers.
We thought we might not get to see any buffalos and then we saw this lovely, who was all by himself.  Isn't he the cutest?
And then we came around and bend and  boom there was a whole big heard of them.  They make the cutest little noises like this weird grunting.
And then the sun started to come out and we headed for needles.  More soon.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I wish I had been with you. It was fun to see Mom and Dad and Dick and Mearlene and to sing with Rob and Kate but we truly live a wonderful world and gorgeous country!