7.08.2010

Wild West Recap #1

First let me start out by saying. We had a fabulous time and it's hard to capture the beauty of these places with photographs and words you must visit to get the full effect.   However I will recap anyway.  Oh and btw #21, #39, and #43 are now done, and I started #45 and #22.
Road Trip Stats
3200+ miles
100 wild deer
9 States
6 days
5 nights
4 hotels
3 siblings
4 national parks
2 national monuments
2 herd of buffalo
1 electric blue kia rio
1 dirt road

First we hit the state of Illinois the Land of Lincoln and random gun signs along 74.
We breezed right thru this place we've been here done that before.

But not without letting the wind blow thru our hair (or in my case making it a big mess)

We stayed the night in Iowa I'm sure that Iowa welcomed the Jones and Co crew although I can't say I photographed it.
Minnesota however welcomed us just after jono got a speeding ticket.
It's also the land of Jolly Green Giants.
The little giant also was present.
Then we reached South Dakota. Which was all that we imagined and more. I must admit I would live in South Dakota even if I didn't have to I thought it was fantastic!
There was Buffalo Jerky - Yum although a tad salty.
And cool statues
And Corn Palaces

The State really is this big
I might have kissed a cowboy or two (we'll never tell).
And we had an icy cold beverage there not of the alcoholic variety but Sarsaparilla
Stay tuned to find out what other adventures we got up to (the best is yet to come).  But first I need to pack for St. Louis and get the oil changed in the SUV.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Glad you had a nice trip. Love your hat Katie. See you soon!

thea said...

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the rest of the pictures!