7.12.2010

Wild West Recap #4 - What about those Needles & Rushmore?

Yep we saw the needles.  You drive around a bend and maybe thru a tunnel and then you see this...
And when you think that is impressive then you drive around the corner and you see this.
And this...
and these...
So amazing!  Beautiful place.
The black hills are being eaten by some kind of bugs.  So there weren't any fireworks at rushmore. :( but that didn't stop us from fullfilling something on Jono's list - Mt. Rushmore! (#40 done).
It was awesome! Oh and I couldn't help but laugh hysterically as I got my state park stamp from the park ranger someone was asking when the "chip and dale" dancers were going to be preforming at the monument.

Then after we left rushmore on the way home I got jono to pull over at this place - called the boondocks.
They were more than just a truck stop.
They had a ferris wheel (which is #17) and I got to ride it!  Just me and Lita on the rickety old thing.

It was frightening and awesome!
And they had dinosaurs!
Almost like Dino world!
And it no 4th of July would be complete without a hot dog!

Still more to come.

No comments: