4.16.2009

Dover

Dover has to be one of our favorite stops on our trip (aside from my driving of course). It's absolutely beautiful in Dover and the town is delightful as well despite everything being closed for Easter. The sun came out just as we arrived which couldn't have been more perfect as it had been overcast and drizzling all day. Dover is on the channel side of england and has these beautiful white chalky cliffs. I can atttest that they are chalky as Jono thought it would be a good idea for us to climb down one of them (granted it was not so steep and someone had made a path). But it still made me nervous. Anyhow here are some pics.
The cliffs looking upward from a middle "ledge".
Dover Castle which overlooks the cliffs and was used up until WWII as a miltary castle, but also used back in the Tudor days. I wish we had gotten there in time to go inside but we did not.
The cliffs. It's much higher than it looks.

Jono standing on the cliffs

You can see castle in the background. The fog was rolling in.

More of the cliffs.

And another castle shot.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow...more cool stuff! I wish you had been able to go inside the castle, too. I bet it was cool!

Jodie said...

Wow, I bet you were glad you made the journey over there. Was it a long drive? Very very cool. Thanks for sharing pics.