7.11.2009

Maine Observations

Let's see I should tell you all about Tall Ships before Maine but alas my other memory card is in the car. As it turns out the wifi at this BB is not so great as I can only upload this one snippet of a pic anyhow. Going to Maine was on my list of 52 things to do in 2009 and so I did it! So here's some Maine observations as seen by me -
  • Maine reminds me of the Keewanan only with all these people driving around and different pine trees (no worries I like the UP better).
  • Maine Highway Patrol has unmarked chevy cavaliers
  • Every highway has 2-4 names or is called #1.
  • There's no need for air conditioners.
  • Every place smells like ocean.
  • Every shop sells items with lobsters and moose on them even the hardware store.
  • Lots of mom & pop places - love it.
  • Lots of antique stores.
  • Lots of musicans - I have met about 10 people on my journey and 5 of the 10 were musicans.
  • Organic Blueberry Beer - i kid you not... it's not bad although not fantastic either.
  • Lighthouses galore.

Here's the one shot that I was able to upload - It's this porkupine made out of recycled crates, signs, peg board isn't he cute?

More on Maine and Tall Ships soon. I'm going to take my blueberry beer out to the den and and hang with the other B&Bers.

1 comment:

Aunt Thea said...

How long will you be in Maine?