8.31.2009

Keeping Up with the Jones

At last the third and final installment of our Iowa Roadtrip. So when I last saw most of the jones my family was three cousins (not that I even remember them). But I have a handful of photos - here's some from a series of us getting ready to leave Omaha for the east when my parent's split up. Ted (baby in red coat), Charolette (glasses) and Jenny (Red sweater), that's mom in the middle holding me eating something probably a doll or something that should not be eaten and JJ in an awesome green coat.
Another one of the same cousins + grandma Jones & aunt penny. Don't you love mom's shoes - they are so awesome (mom you are too cool love you!)
now I have more cousins than I even can remember their names... whoops. So anyhow dad and ginny tossed together a little Jones & Co Family BBQ and invited the Joneses who still are in Omaha. It was a good time unforunately I don't know the Joneses well enough yet to order them around for a group photo yet (next time). There were some deep discussions which including uncle joe's "you got any mexican's there?" - no joke. how cute is that. There was some 4-wheel riding (unforunately no we couldn't fire up the dirt bikes because there wasn't any gas, but we sure tried), and were the horses, and good eating, and even a bonfire although dad refrained from throwing in the barn door, despite.
Anyhow here's some more pics one of gigi (my cousin's daughter), Kim and her husband who may or may not be called "steve" or "sam" (I'm horrible I know).
Jones on the blue 4-wheeler this one goes slow.
Dad and my stepmom Ginny.
Me and dad (it was so cold) even in the smoke of the bonfire.
Uncle Joe
My cousin Dustin (he's Joe's second youngest).
My aunt peggy and shelby my youngest cousin on dad's side. They have the same profile.
Grandpa Jones - looks just the same as I remember. He doesn't talk much which is sad, because I'm sure he's got a million interesting stories he could tell me.
Ted the baby in the top photo's baby - Mckayla. She's trying desperately to get the horses to eat carrots however only stinky likes them the rest would rather go to town on salt licks.
Aunt Peggy, Shelby, and Kim trying to get those horses to eat carrots. It seems unless you feed them to them all the time they don't really have any desire to eat them.

My cousin Kelly's husband Aaron riding a 4wheeler.
And last we leave you with Jono and Kyle and the same bonfire.
I didn't get a photo of everyone I guess - I'll have to do better next time of course and hopefull it's not another 25+ years before I see the other Joneses Family. Iowa was good times

No comments: