8.18.2009

The UP Part 2 - Tuesday 10

10 things I love about the UP in no particular order.
1. Thimbleberries - Sarah gets the award for the best thimbleberry picker seen all week.
2. The beaches (despite the icy cold water). Check out Aunt Rachel flying the stunt kite found at grandpa's cabin. Tim gets the award for the best kite flying seen all week.
3. Kelly Family History in the Keweenaw. Granted these are really Strudevants but the Kelly family has been vacationing in the UP for many years. Grandpa next time I see you I want you to tell me about the copper mine and the family from the UP.
4. Different Sunsets daily.
5. Agate Shops. Rachel and I get the award for best whiskey drinking outside the agate shop seen all week - we also made the most friends there.

5. Antique bikes. How cute is it that everyone in the UP seems to ride an antique bike.
6. Jilberts Ice Cream at the Berry Patch. I love Amaretto Cherry Mackinaw Island Fudge.
7. The remaining tree on the lake breeze rocks.
8. The Nicest People - where else can you borrow your neighbors for syrup, toliet paper, bandaids and sunscreen. I also do love that everyone waves to you and wants to chat it up.

9. The Eagle Harbor Light.
10. Rock Climbing. Preferrably not in flip flops but that just seems to be what usually happens.

2 comments:

Kim said...

great post and great photos, Katie!!!

Jodie said...

This is my favorite Tuesday 10 so far!