9.07.2009

Everyone needs friends like this!

I just love Jodie and Dennis. I'm sure I have said it before but - better friends you could not ask for. They are all-around fantastic people, and friends. And their boys are great too (logan being my favorite). They invited the boys and I down to Evansville for some boating and water fun on the ohio river, way back in May or something and we finally found a time this weeked. Joe bailed on us at the last minute - but we went anyway despite forecasts for rain and storming. Saturday we took the boat out for about an hour when it began to rain, but we did get in some tubing and some rope swinging before it started to storm - Jodie I'm sure took some super awesome pictures of my shear terror on the rope swing, and jonathan catching some air sailing out of the tube - with her super fancy camera. The camera however got a little wet in the rainstorm so we are all hoping that it will dry out as she's a freelance photographer. But it did become a running joke this weekend that we would just toss the camera into the tube or dive in with it around your neck. Let's hope it dries out.
Sunday the forecast looked like it was going to just rain all day long - but around 11 the skies opened up and we decided to make a break for it. So we loaded up and headed out. And you know what - we boated all day and it didn't rain a single drop until we made it back to the house. It was a fantastic we could not have asked for a more perfect day as the forecast kept boaters from over crowding the river and the sun even came out. Jonathan did take water in his bad ear - he's off to the VAH now to see what the damage is and hopefully so they dry it up so he can hear again. Anyhow I took my cheap camera out too - knowing it could dry out (I got it really wet canoeing). So here's some of the pics...
Logan, Jonathan, and Carlos trying to so us their tricks. (Carlos is the the minniear boys friend).
Jonathan as he's biting the dust.
I love Jono's face on this one.
Evan didn't really feel like boating and spent his time as the dj and texting.
Poor little Isiah - broke his foot last weekend and wasn't allowed to partake in most of the activities.
Dennis joined th eboad on the tube for a bit.
No Jones and Co adventure would be complete without a foot picture had I have thought about it I would have had Evan and Isiah kick their's up their too.

Logan and Jono setting up for more of their "tricks"
Oh and look their's me - my hair flying straight out.
Logan really really wanted to flip me out so he kept jumping out.
Catching some air.
Dennis taught me to drive the boat - it's not that hard really. However I didn't really want to be responsible for flipping the boys out of the tube and then running over them with the boat trying to pick them up - that would be not so good.
Here's Jono trying to decide if he should go for another round. This is all of the tubing Isiah got to do.
No swimming for him either.

Thanks Minniears we cannot wait until next year! Oh and I'll see you soon for some football.

2 comments:

Kim said...

u

Jodie said...

GREAT recap of the weekend! The good news is my camera seems to be coming around. I have power and can see the screen display now! Yea! Still won't take a pic yet though. I keep waiting, fingers crossed! We sure enjoyed your visit. I'm glad Sunday cleared up because it was super fun!! I haven't tried my memory card yet, so we'll see if I can share the pics of you all on the rope swing and Jono and Logan's amazing upside down tube flip adventure!!