3.19.2010

Cycling the Old Canal

Another super gorgeous day here today. I'm sorry I had to work the bulk of it. However I talked Jono into a bike ride and we decided to hit the old canal which runs from like the naval armory all the way up to broad ripple. It's a nice ride although the toe path has quite a few bumps and ruts right now. I do enjoy that it runs along the backside of the lily house and the art museum and just like the white river trail it's not crowded like the monon (I'm starting to wonder if the people who ride/run the monon are going someplace on either end of it and that's why it's so busy all the time?) Anyhow since my hated point and shoot camera has been found again I managed to take some photos...
Jono the house oh the hill is the lily house (which I also photographed back in 2007 see here).
Jono and I at the bridge I think at 42nd street where the canal runs under the street. I broke out my Chinese eyes just for fun.
Jono sort of fixed my handbar for me and I snapped this lovely photo.
And we're heading back south now.
Me passing jono you can see the red bridge that takes you to IMA in the background and on the left is what will soon be the 100 acres opening in June 2010 - should be interesting although I am not sure how far along it is yet? Although who doesn't love a 100 acre park right in the middle of the city?
Oh spring is coming soon. I really do need to get to busting a move on my list. have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Jonathan looks a little rough, but you loook about 17!