4.14.2010

The 700 Club

Officially this is my 700th post to this blog. Yup that's right who knew I would like blogging so much when I started. I really do enjoy it! I feel a little as though it helps keep me on target/track for life. not that makes any sense but regardless. plan to keep on blogging even if it's only for me who reads it although I know that's not true as I continually talk to friends of mine and they are like "ya I know I read that on your blog" - lol.
Anyhow it seems fitting that my 700th post have a purpose so I wanted to share about Saturday night, which was a good day at the Joneses.
First let's have a photo of neon pancakes... yup that's right we had neon pancakes on Saturday, they were supposed to be rainbow but we forgot a few colors. Next time.
Okay back to Saturday night...
It was a night of firsts for my mom. You may remember she is still midst the nasty divorce that never ends that just seems to want to tear her down and discourage her left and right. But I think it's particularly awesome that she isn't sitting around wallowing in self-pity but instead she's working on living the life she is intended to live and trying to make it action packed and full. So on Saturday we had the opportunity to go to a Pacers game with free tickets from Jono's employer and wouldn't you know as much as momo loves basketball she had never been to an NBA game. So off we went to the game where we saw the Pacers rally back and beat the Nets (nevermind that they are like the worst team in the league). I think she had a swell time - we even got free coupons for the concession.
Here we have momo and some guy who once played at Duke (ick - although in all fairness mom loves duke).

I just love this shot looks like it was taken from TV or something - everyone is so still and perfect.
I put my size 11 shoes in D. Joneses footprint. Makes my big feet look small don't you think.
After the game we wanted to cross something else off mom's list of things to do now that she can chose what she does. On the list was "sit and drink at a bar" - believe it or not momo has been in bars probably less than 10 times in her life and all of those times she didn't sit at a bar. So off to Chatham Tap we went. Momo doesn't really drink much (or ever) and so of course we were SHOCKED when she ordered a glass of wine. There was a toast (#32 on my list) that went a little like this...
To growing new gardens
To NBA basketball games
To drinking in bars
To husbands request for maintenance and attorney fees being denied
To new superhero friends
Here Here
(It was actually longer than that but I have since forgotten).
And look there is mom drinking her wine in a Bar (too cute).
After that we also went to Schreve's new place which was mom's first time there and she got to sit in his fancy new chair and visit and play with max and I think she loved every minute of it. So here's to 700 more posts, and crossing more things off lists.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

700 really? I don't even think I knew you when you started blogging. For the record we love reading it at my house. We miss the postcards though. - Kellie