4.28.2010

Bungalow Changes

April has been a month for changes around the bungalow. Unforunately they haven't been all about the kitchen remodel which is on my list.
One of them was we got a new dishwasher - called Quiet Partner it's super fancy and has all kinds of settings I don't know about. As an added bonus we also got a new circuit for the breaker box too! :D No photos sorry.
We did some spring planting, in addition we shoved all the gravel from the flowerbeds seriously who knew that was such hard work - I'm still looking for someone who wants like a truckload of cleanfill. We mulched and put in some tiles. Here's a peek at things...
We have the worlds greenest grass and that saab there is probably the worlds cleanest saab.

Here's the side yard - obviously nothing has grown yet but we did discover that we have a water spicket on the side of the house we didn't know about.
I planted veggies in most of the flowerbeds - see here we have onions, garlic and herbs (check out the annoying neighbors dogs who like to watch the whole process).
And some of the the back - the wildflowers have already sprouted although not in this picture but we do love the tiles under the hose keeps you from standing in mud or mulch. That little bird house is really a butterfly house dad gave me. Again note the greenest grass ever!
Joe came and got his sofa and since my other sofa was given to someone else I took the "naked" living room as an opportunity to get rid of the worlds nastiest carpet ever! I have been wanting to do this project since I bought the house as I only bought house because of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 3/4" thick hardwoods (well that's what I'm telling myself). Everyone got their very own Stanley crowbar and we said goodbye & I HATE you.
Safety first! goggles and masks are always a must
Everyone got involved - big kudos to Jono who continues to be lead worker in all my home improvement projects - he even got up early on a Sunday to haul gravel (now that's commitment!). And this week he is the best staple getter seen all week!
Here's another view of the wood isn't it pretty? I'm in love with it already and my living room is still naked.
Schreve and Max came to help too and grill us supper and stuff.
Oh and Chris also stopped by to help with the changes we tasked him with trying to fix the ornery ceiling fan we installed last year - which I'm sad to report will not be fixed despite all the wiring combinations, switch changes and whatnot.
Stay tuned for more changes as we aren't really done yet...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow... that wood looks great! have fun with your garden :-)