2.10.2011

To the Beach

I went to the beach in New Bedford and Fairhaven today after work. Because it seemed like the thing to do. I was half expecting that the ocean would be frozen I'm not sure why really.   Maybe because the Charles has been frozen.  It wasn't frozen heck there was very little snow on the beach just random little piles. 
I loved the swans at the beach they thought I was going to feed them and they followed me around I wish I had fed them I was little terrified of them as one time a Canadian goose attacked me.  But they were so friendly but all I had to feed them was wintermints and I didn't think they would be into that.   New Bedford seemed to have lots of depressed areas where they had these former beautiful old homes and buildings that desperately needing to be fixed up.  It almost makes me want to buy one and fix it up.  



The sun was about to set - unfortunately it wasn't the best beach for the sunset because it really only faced east so I tried to find another spot to see it.  But that didn't work so well. 

Afterward I grabbed some chinese and my fortune just seemed to be fitting. 
Next time I'm in the area I'm planning to go see the old shipyard in Fall River I hear it's fantastic.

6 comments:

thea said...

nice pics, but I didn't see any swans .. maybe I need to make the pictures bigger.

Katie said...

You don't see the big close-up of the bird? the 3rd photo down? that's a swan.

thea said...

thought it was a duck!

Katie said...

Nope that's a swan. There were no geese at the beach.

Jodie said...

I love that first picture!!!!!!! love it alot. Awesome! The light is just perfect and you captured motion splendidly!

Katie said...

Taken on my phone sometimes the quality is great others nsm