11.06.2012

Engaged

Yes that's right this past weekend Dustin proposed and I accepted.  Here's a my recap of how it went.  We went to the circle after dinner at Don Pablos as we have before my brothers and Alicia and Lo and Kathleen in tow.  Someone suggested we take a family photo under the monument - Schreve or Jono (who were in on it) and we did and after Kathleen snapped like 10.  Then my family stepped away and Dustin dropped to one knee said something like "Katie Jones I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you will you marry me."  I said "yes" and kissing him and then stuck my lollipop back my mouth.  My family being the social media buffs pretty much had live video footage rolling.  And circulated their videos on the family group texting while Dustin and I prayed alone and then we joined up with the crew.  I'm so glad my family was there they are a huge part of my life and I really appreciate how Dustin has embraced them and just joined the Jones and Co Crew without hesitation.   Anyhow was pretty special and I have known for some time that Dustin is the guy for me.  I truly do feel as though this is something God wanted for both of us from our first real meeting.
As for when we are getting married and other wedding details - I never really dreamed of a wedding - it's not that I never thought I would get married it's more that I like for everyday moments to be special so I never really wanted a big dress or a special party.  What I do know about our wedding is it will only be the start of many great days Dust and I will have together.   I want to try and get my friends and family engaged in both the planning and ceremony and party because well it just seems like the thing to do. Stay tuned I'm sure you'll be reading more about it here on my blog.
The ring is very sparkly and beautiful.  It's so odd to wear it because I never really was one to wear jewelery unless you count my hair tie.   But you know I took it off earlier because it really needs to be sized and put it in my purse and like 10 minutes later I had a mini panic attack when I realized it wasn't on my finger - so I put it back on. 
picasa

No comments: