1.23.2010

$1 Thrift Store

Aunt Thea has a goal of buying $1 items this year. Well today I went out for coffee/tea with my friend (hi Lori) and we took a quick trip to the thrift store to play along. I wish I had brought my camera as today was $0.48 cent day and there were so many choices of things I could have got for $1.00. I thought about ...
Polaroid Camera the kind that "pops" out
Orange Samonsite Suitcase circa 1970
A vintage thermos (a boring one)
Ceramic cats
Set of 2 Santa Face Mugs
and more...
But I didn't get sold on any of those. Instead I got... 3 yards of pink floral fabric and these apple print napkins from the 1970s or so. And the best part is it was only 96 cents not even $1. Lori got her kids some cute clothes too but it cost her more like $5.

3 comments:

thea said...

I'm jealous. I don't know where to go to find my $1 item tomorrow. I was hoping for some yard sales but it's been raining. Maybe I'll drive around looking for one....

Katie said...

try the thrift store? Around here they always have these sales so they can move things? Or the flea market? Take Grandpa he might like it.

Jodie said...

Fun finds Katie! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with to use them! BTW, I enjoyed browseing through Thea's blog too.