5.15.2010

Mystery House

At last the final post about California. Thea and I went to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose which is really quite lovely aside from the tour guide and the cost to get in. However every trip should have a tourist trap just like this on it, and I'm a sucker for a good mansion. So without going into a prolonged boring post here's the just - crazy rich mrs. winchester kept building on and on to her house, right up until her death she believed that the "spirits" were telling her what to build and so she built it. Now for some photos...
From the front I love the sunglare.
From the front off to the left you can click on the photo to see it bigger
Thea and I and the house we look so big next to it - how did that happen.
I haven't a clue what part of the house this was.
I'm a sucker for a weather vane (you might remember my grandmas) someday I will have my own.
And from the back of the house don't you love perfectly sculpted bushes?
And I took some pics inside although they are not of the greatest quality as I did just kind of snapped them when no-one was looking - hehe.
All of the bathrooms have windows to peek inside this one was no exception - very creepy
these are stairs to go up to go down and stairs to go down to go up isn't that a riddle
and from the room she was in during the earth quake
this is taken from one of the porches they let us visit The glass dome there was for an elevator I think
A palor
well that's all from California onward to my other recent adventures.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Wow! Beautiful home! Love the story of the spirits telling her to add on to the house. hehe

Anonymous said...

very cool. reminds me of my trip to biltmore. - nick