4.23.2011

My Mad Skill aka Pet Naming 101

I consider myself an expert on pets since I have oh so many! In fact you can count them on NO hands.  LOL anyhow JJ suggested this topic as apparently I have mad pet naming skillz. Who knew I have two special skillz and this is one of them so we are in trouble my friends.  Anyhow here's my simple rules:
1. Toss out any inclination to name them something that is so dull and boring like fluffy or blackie
2. If it's a dog - it simply must be named Rover - nobody ever met a puppy named Rover they didn't like even one drooling at the mouth.
3. Try wordsmushing - for example I recently named my brothers cat Nicolebrownsimpson. I also think that dealiobealio has a good ring to it as does wassupkittycat.  keep in mind everything sounds better all smushed together
4. Never name it something you would name your child.  Nobody wants to see you hollering for little David when in fact it's your cat
5. Try naming it after an inanimate object something you like of course - I once had fish I won called Fall Festival and State Fair - they were such good pets
And if none of these suggestions work - you failed the class.  But you should probably stop taking advice from a women who has no desire to keep pets.
picasa

1 comment:

Jodie said...

If we get anymore pets, I know who to call. I like the name squish idea. I've squishes your name since I met you. Either KatieJ or KatieJones