12.03.2012

Lets Get Married - Will You Be My Bridesmaid

This post is kick starting a new series on my blog which for lack of a better term I am going to call "Lets Get Married".
A little backstory first - I never was one of those girls who had dreams of my wedding dress or wedding day. I don't really like fancy ball gowns and formalities. I never cared about having things all "Cinderella" with a Prince Charming and all that jazz. And as we start preparing for a wedding I am already starting to notice that is still am not - but I still want our wedding to be a celebration of us and our becoming united. To me our wedding is just a special day at the beginning of our marriage, but ultimately it's the marriage that lasts a lifetime not this party. So I am looking forward to making this an event where I can engage many of my friends and family throughout the whole planning an special day and we can all enjoy ourselves. One of the first things Dustin and I did was come up with our bridal party. I could have picked 10 girls easily so it was a challenge narrowing it down but I am excited to have the other girls help beyond bridesmaid duties - coordinators, official decorator, present makers etc.
Anyhow I wanted to make something special to ask my girls to be my bridesmaids. These are what I came up with. I used our wedding colors, scrap paper and stamps I had on hand an came up with these pocket cards. I love how they turned out. And they had the desired effect, immediately on opening them each girl was already ready to sport some kind of fun dress and make stuff like crazy. They also had many fun ideas to contribute to the wedding which I appreciate. I am so glad to have my bridesmaids on board and I cannot wait to move forward in this process with them.
- Let's get married.





2 comments:

Mandy Crandell said...

These look so great!!!

thea said...

love the cards, the idea, and the sentiment. hope the party is just the first day of a wonderful life together. do you have a date yet?