7.15.2013

On being 33

well I've been 33 for a good two weeks now so I figure I should write about getting older.
in reality 33 isn't that much different than 32 
and 32 not that much different from 31 
and 31 from 30
but somethings I have noticed about my 30's
important things are MORE important 
not important things are LESS important (except if it's dishes in the sink)
i do have a few wrinkles 
my hairs are even more rapidly going gray
and with those gray came a tangle of frizz
the calluses on my feet will always come back
my laundry doesn't do itself
family is important
friends are important
i need creativity time
i like breaks and downtime sometimes
i want to be unique
i don't know everything (or want to)
i like wearing dresses
i got married in my 30s (i never wanted to be married in my 20s)
i look forward to the future
i think that in my 20s i spent lots of time trying things and just to figure out how to live
and now in my 30s i spend my time actually living
there's always room for improvement and learning and whoever said if you weren't learning you weren't growing you were dying is probably right.

picasa

2 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Birthday +two weeks! YOU are learning a lot. I love to read your blog, and so glad that you and Dustin get to be together every day for almost a month. Love you!

thea said...

when I was 33 I thought I was so old, if only I had realized how young I actually was .. enjoy your 30s!!