7.26.2013

Quilt with Vintage Sheets and Modern Prints


I started this quilt over a year ago for a fall baby regardless to say it its a bit small for an almost 1 year old baby.  So I might save it for the next baby girl sadly everyone is having boys now.  Ugh.  It uses vintage sheets from the IMQG swap from two summers ago, plus a few prints I got at Crimson Tate and some scrap solids I had on hand.  I realized in doing this quilt that I really struggle with wanting to use prints with many colors, it was like I was forcing myself.  But I do like the blend of old and new.
Sorry for all the wrinkles it was in moms car and then in a box and then I took it out to snap these photos.

4 comments:

tisha @ quiltytherapy said...

I like it!

tisha @ quiltytherapy said...

I like it!

thea said...

I like the combination of fabrics a lot. i think it's big enough for a one year old ..

Anna said...

47 selfbmi
I like that it matches your flip flops. Sorry it took so long to get to you!